Thursday, August 11, 2011

Rachel Coleman's inspiring blog post about child wearing!

Hello my awesome friends and followers...and you first timers! I have to share this with you!
Rachel Coleman, the co-founder of Signing Time has a blog! (www.rachelcoleman.com) She recently posted about what a positive experience her and her husband Aaron have had with baby wearing their two, now pre-teen daughters.  What warmed my heart was Rachel's account of how continuing to wear her now eleven-year-old daughter, Lucy (who was born with spina bifida and was diagnosed with cerebral palsy at 9-months), has allowed the Coleman family, especially Lucy, to experience moments that otherwise would have been lost to them.  Wheelchairs and strollers were an obstacle for the Coleman family, baby/child wearing was their answer!
I hope all of you are as inspired and heart warmed as I was by Rachel's story!  Never let others or society prevent you from doing what feels right for you, your child(ren) and your family!  I will continue to carry my almost 2-year old, happily and proudly in my Ergo carrier (www.ergobabycarrier.com)! I hope you share Rachel's story with someone and I hope it inspires them to be the parent they're meant to be!
Also, I shared this with Ashely, co-owner of Baby Awearness (www.babyawearness.com) at Manoa Marketplace...and she shared it on BabyA's Facebook page! Thanks BabyA!

No comments:

Post a Comment