Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Signing with C.O.F.F.E.E.


Join me and C.O.F.F.E.E (Central Oahu Families for Fun, Education, & Enrichment) at CORP on Tuesday, August 2, 10am for a little lesson in American Sign Language!
Are you interested in increasing your bond with your child? Enabling early language, vocabulary, and expression? Reducing tantrums? and building your childʻs self esteem? Then come join me, Katrina Pasion, Hawaiiʻs FIRST certified Baby Signing Time instructor, for a l...ittle singing, signing, dancing, and playing! Through song, repetition, and fun, you and your child will experience the benefits of learning and using American Sign Language (ASL). Come learn the ASL signs that youʻre family will use everyday and see how the signs will enrich your lives!
Many children with Special Needs who are exposed to ASL have made major strides in their academics and social skills. Adults and seniors who no longer are able to communicate through speech (due to trauma or medical condition) also benefit from learning and using ASL, as it restores their ability to communicate and maintain relationships with those close to them.
I have 10+years of experience in the field of child development and am currently in my bachelorʻs of elementary education program. As a mom of a daughter who signed "baby" at 10 months old, I personally have experienced the benefits of using ASL with my daughter and my 7-year old niece. We have increased our bond and decreased the tantrums due to frustration. I am excited to share my success and passion with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment